ST FRANCIS PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION PRIVACY NOTICE
– PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (“POPIA”)
The St Francis Property Owners Association understands that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to safeguarding and processing your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to update or correct it.
Our Information Officer’s Contact Details:
Name Lyn Aitken
Contact Number 042 294 0594
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
St Francis Property Owners Association
28 Lyme Road South
St Francis Bay 6312
042 294 0594
The Organisation is a Rate Payers Association, serving its members with a variety of services. The membership is voluntary.
The source of collection of your personal information:
We collect personal information directly/indirectly on our members from the following sources
- Directly from members via membership applications, annual membership renewals, in consultation with members via telephone and email.
- Response to our Newsletters.
- Membership/engagement on our social media platforms ie – WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram, Twitter, and our Website.
- Other members.
We may also collect information about you from other sources such as external third parties and from cookies on our website.
The purpose for processing your information:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the projects and services that we provide to our members. We will only process your information for a purpose you would reasonably expect, including:
- Providing you with information on the projects and services that you are contributing to via for your annual membership fee.
- Assist you with your dealings with the Kouga Local Municipality (KLM).
- To verify your identity when voting at our AGM.
- To record your Votes/Proxies.
- To confirm, verify and update your details.
- To comply with any legal and regulatory requirements.
Some of your information that we hold may include, your first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, your title, birth date, gender, residency status, property details, ID number, property owner details.
Failing to provide compulsory information may lead to our organisation’s inability to carry out the functions necessary to provide you with notices of AGMs and meetings, newsletters, and any other information relevant to you as a ratepayer (property owner) or resident of St Francis Bay.
Third parties and your personal information
To provide such information to you as a member of our organisation. Where we share your information, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us.
These third parties may include:
- Managing our mailing lists (where applicable).
- Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our websites.
- Information Technology specialists assisting us with data storage, security, processing, analytics, etc.
- Regulatory or governmental authorities such as the KLM.
Complaints and objections
As a data subject, you have the right to –
Request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you
- Request that we provide you with a description of the personal information we hold about you, and to explain why and how it is being processed (please complete Annexure A).
- Request that we consider your objections to the processing of your personal information (please complete Annexure B).
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (please complete Annexure B).
The Information Regulator
In the event that your personal information has not been processed in accordance with the POPI Act and the principles set out above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
For further information regarding the complaints process, please visit the website of the Information Regulator, as indicated below.
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator for further assistance:
The Information Regulator: Adv Pansy Tlakula
Physical Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001