ST FRANCIS PROPERTY OWNERS NPC PRIVACY NOTICE
– PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (“POPIA”)
The St Francis Property Owners NPC understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to safeguarding and processing your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to update or correct it.
Our Information Officer’s Contact Details
Name Lyn Aitken
Contact Number 042 294 0594
Email Address: email@example.com
St Francis Property Owners NPC
28 Lyme Road South
St Francis Bay 6312
042 294 0594
The Organisation is authorised by the Kouga Local Municipality (KLM) to manage the SRA( Special rating Area) for the 1590 property owners (our members) contributing the SRA levy for the projects and services approved in its agreement with the KLM .
The source of collection of your personal information:
We collect personal information directly/indirectly on our members from the following sources
KLM provides our organization periodically with an updated list of property owners in the SRA demarcated area.
Directly from the members themselves through:
- Voting/Proxy forms
- Direct consultation with members
- Response to our Newsletters, Quarterly and Annual reports
- Membership/engagement on our social media platforms ie – WhatsApp, Facebook
- Membership/engagement on our social media platforms ie – WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram, Twitter and our Website.
- CCTV enquiries/requests
- Other members
We may also collect information about you from other sources such as external third parties and from cookies on our website.
Law authorising or requiring collecting of the personal information:
As an authorised SRA management company we are obligated in terms of the following legislation to collect your personal information insofar as it relates to the rendering of the SRA projects and services to you:
KLM SRA Policy and By-Law
KLM Finance agreement with our organisation
Purpose for Processing your Information:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the projects and services that we provide. We will only process your information for a purpose you would reasonably expect, including:
• Complying with the obligations contained in the contract concluded between our organisation and KLM
• Providing you with information on the projects and services that you are contributing to via the SRA levy.
• To verify your identity when voting at our AGM, special meetings, etc.
• To record your Votes/Proxies
• To confirm, verify and update your details
• To comply with any legal and regulatory requirements
Some of your information that we hold may include, your first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, your title, birth date, gender, residency status, property details, ID number, property owner details.
Failing to provide compulsory information may lead to our organisation’s inability to carry out the functions necessary to provide you with notices of AGMs and meetings, newsletters, and regular reports as prescribed in KLM’s finance agreement and SRA Policy and By-Law.
Third parties and your personal information
To provide such information to you as a member of our organisation. Where we share your information, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us.
These third parties may include:
• Managing our mailing lists (where applicable);
• Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our websites;
• Information Technology specialists assisting us with data storage, security, processing, analytics, etc;
• Auditors of the Organisation;
• Regulatory or governmental authorities such as the KLM
• Complaints and objections
As a data subject, you have the right to –
• Request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you;
• Request that we provide you with a description of the personal information we hold about you, and to explain why and how it is being processed (please complete Annexure A);
• Request that we consider your objections to the processing of your personal information (please complete Annexure B);
• Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (please complete Annexure B).
The Information Regulator
In the event that your personal information has not been processed in accordance with the POPI Act and the principles set out above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
For further information regarding the complaints process, please visit the website of the Information Regulator, as indicated below.
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator for further assistance:
The Information Regulator: Adv Pansy Tlakula
Physical Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
Link for Annexure A and Annexure B